· Prepare import and export documents including packing list, invoices, country of origin, letter of credit, insurance, etc.
· Understand of Malaysia custom act and able to attend to custom and MITI matters, eg. duty, sales tax, HS code, Duty exemption, application of Certificate Of Origin , Import License, LMW, PCA & others.
· Liaise with customers and supplier on delivery schedule and shipment arrangement
· Liaise with forwarder on cargo clearance, permit and delivery, for both import and export
· Liaise with forwarder on documentations, booking of containers, shipment, and trucking of cargo
· Liaise with warehouse team on packaging, loading, and unloading
· Update and monitor status of shipping arrangement and delivery
· Check and verify documents to ensure legal compliance
· Seek freight quotations and make recommendations on competitive forwarder or agent, carrier and insurer for shipment
· Source for vendors, request for quotations and make recommendations to operation department
· Evaluate vendor’s quotation based on products requirements
· Evaluate supplier’s performance and quality standard
· Prepare purchase requisition and purchase orders
· Liaise with suppliers to resolve issues such as quality or quantity discrepancies
· Update purchasing records, data, and pricing into the system
· Undertake other ad-hoc duties as assigned