WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
Job Title: Fundraising and Communications Officer
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Function: Fund Development, Marketing, and Communications
Reports to: Indonesia Partnerships Manager
Job Location: Indonesia
Start Date: Immediate
Term: Full time, 6-month (with the possibility for extension)
Salary: $1,500 - $2,000, based on experience
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2004, Build Change is an innovative international non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. We do that by designing disaster-resistant houses and schools; training homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them; working with governments to develop and implement building standards; partnering with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs; and facilitating access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs.
Build Change is the recipient of multiple awards, including a 2017 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Entrepreneurship, OpenIDEO Urban Resilience Challenge Winner, and was a top three finalist in IBM’s inaugural Call for Code Developer Challenge in 2018.
To learn more about us and our programs in Indonesia, Colombia, Guatemala, Philippines, Nepal and the Caribbean, visit www.buildchange.org.
YOUR NEW OPPORTUNITY
Build Change is seeking a Fundraising and Communications Officer to join its team in Indonesia. The Fundraising and Communications Officer will represent Build Change and its interests in the country. The position will be expected to:
Fund / Business Development & Partnerships (60%):
● Identify new well-matched grants opportunities, produce strategies to access these funds, and establish connection with the potential donors.
● Lead the development of grants and/or contracts to achieve annual fundraising targets.
● Develop and manage new & existing partnerships across public and private key stakeholders at local and national level, including donors.
● Support the country team in marketing Build Change’s programs to other agencies and potential partners.
Communications & Marketing (40%):
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
● An innovative approach to development and marketing that leads to an increase in donors, followers, and strong brand recognition.
● Outstanding interpersonal skills, a high energy level, and an ability to speak persuasively in front of large and small groups.
● A knack for using social media and social networks to market products and services.
● Superior, professional and versatile writing, presentation, and communication skills in both English and Bahasa Indonesia with the ability to adapt based on audience across regions and cultures in Indonesia.
Your experiences include:
● Minimum 5 years in a similar professional position with a proven track record of successful fundraising and communication activities.
● Facility with websites, social media platforms, and metrics for tracking communication effectiveness.
You are able to:
● Communicate clearly, persuasively and passionately, in both written and verbal forms of Bahasa Indonesia and English, with excellent interpersonal skills.
● Work independently, including some evenings and weekends, as needed.
● While working remotely, be based in the Greater Jakarta area and able to travel as needed.
● Be proactive and self-motivated.
● Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English
And maybe you also:
● Have experience in international development and disaster risk management.
● Understand basic engineering and construction principles.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Then please visit www.buildchange.org/about/careers and select the link for this position. Applications will be accepted until filled and will be reviewed as received. Qualified women and citizens of Build Change’s program countries are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.