Job Title: Senior Developer Talend BI Analytics
Reports to: Manager IT
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Hybrid working set-up
The Sr. Developer Talend participates in design, development and maintenance of our Enterprise Data warehouse and Business Intelligence applications. Responsible for data modeling, cube design and developing BI reports and dashboards using Talend as ETL and Power BI tools. This role will be a hands-on contributor partnering with technical, project, and business stakeholders in delivering Business Intelligence solutions built for aiding business performance monitoring and business decision making.
The successful candidate must have an interest in learning new technologies and expanding their knowledge and skillset in support of a growing, dynamic multinational business.
· 8 plus years hands on experience in developing BI & Analytics applications and Datawarehouse
· 4 plus years of hands-on experience in design, development and deployment of Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) using Talend
· 2 to 3 years hands on development experience in Java and Java EE technologies.
· 2 to 3 years hands on experience in developing reports and Dashboards using Power BI and SSRS
· Experienced in Talend Enterprise Data Management Suite.
· Should have experience in job conductor scheduler and monitoring.
· Handle ETL Auditing / Exception / Error handling / Scheduling / Restart - ability
· Knowledge on Talend administrative Centre is nice to have
· Good understanding of relational databases (MSSQL Server)
· Experienced in logical and physical Data modeling
· Experienced in writing complex PL SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers and performance tuning
· Exposure to OLAP/OLTP concepts & terminologies
· Strong experience in Data Quality / Data Profiling, Source Systems Analysis, Business Rules Validation, Source Target Mapping Design, Performance Tuning and High-Volume Data Loads.
· Should be able to do Estimation of effort based on the requirements
· Exposed to SDLC, Requirement’s analysis, design and implementation of application development/BI Projects
· Experience in ITIL processes and Service Management tools like ServiceNow
· Experience in understanding business requirements and translating them to functional/technical requirements.
· Software development lifecycle experience following waterfall and Agile methodologies
· Experience in preparing technical documentation
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English
· Very good soft skills, teamwork, and adaptability to challenges
· Ability to act in a proactive and consultative manner
· Demonstrated knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
· Web Services / API integration experience with Knowledge of JSON and XML file formats.
· Experienced in scripting languages like Python, CURL
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
· 8 plus years of experience in developing BI & Analytics applications, Talend ETL, reports and Dashboards