The position is in our management accounting team and involves day to day and monthly accounting for a wide variety of New Zealand clients including:
· Payroll preparation and filing of all required documents with Inland Revenue
· Bookkeeping and bank reconciliation
· Accounts payable processing and reconciliations
· Accounts receivable processing and reconciliations
· Perform monthly, quarterly closing activities and produce accurate reports for management and external stakeholders
· Preparation and filing of GST returns
· Training in NZ tax, GST, payroll legislation will be provided.
Ideally you will be a qualified accountant with at least 5 years’ experience, preferably in public practice accounting and outsourcing, however other experience will be considered. Experience with cloud accounting platforms such as Xero, MYOB etc. will be an advantage. Being well familiar with excel spread sheets is a requirement.
You will be self-motivated with attention to detail and have excellent communication skills.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary will be at a market competitive rate taking into account your experience and qualifications. Health Insurance is provided. Training and experience in NZ taxes will be provided. Smart, new offices in a great location and an amazing friendly team with the possibility of a flexible work from home / office arrangement.
Please note that the team are currently working from home due to covid. When all is back to normal, we plan to return to the office with flexible work set up.
· Candidate must possess at least Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
· Required language(s): English
· At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
· Required Skill(s): Communication, General Accounting, Xero, MYOB
· Preferably Supervisor/3 Years & Up Experienced Employee specialized in Finance - General/Cost Accounting or equivalent