WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
Job Title: Fund Development Officer
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Function: Fund Development, Marketing, and Communications
Job Location: Indonesia
Reports to: Indonesia Partnerships Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Term: Full time
Salary: USD 1,500 - 2,500 monthly, based on experience
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2004, Build Change is an innovative international non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. We do that by designing disaster-resistant houses and schools; training homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them; working with governments to develop and implement building standards; partnering with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs; and facilitating access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs.
Build Change is the recipient of multiple awards, including a 2017 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Entrepreneurship, OpenIDEO Urban Resilience Challenge Winner, and was a top three finalist in IBM’s inaugural Call for Code Developer Challenge in 2018.
YOUR NEW OPPORTUNITY
Build Change is seeking a Fund Development Officer to join its team in Indonesia. The person will represent Build Change and its interests in the country. The person will support the fund development team in raising funds for Indonesia and preparing funding proposals to a variety of clients and donors for both in prevention and post-disaster programs. The position will be expected to:
● Perform donor prospects, grant, and award research, cultivation, and positioning with potential funders from foundations, high net worth individuals (HWNIs), corporations, and other agencies.
● Write and edit high-quality proposals and report content, meeting research briefs, and other communications.
● Work with the supervisor to prepare and submit fund development pipeline reports and partnership tracking reports.
● Support team members to prepare meetings with potential donors, manage logistics, and follow-up conferences, events, and donor meetings.
● Support development and maintenance of collateral marketing materials.
● Fulfill other tasks and take-on other responsibilities as directed by the supervisor.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You are thoroughly committed to Build Change’s mission and have curiosity, a strong work ethic, and a desire to grow and learn as a development professional.
● Superior, professional and versatile writing, researching, presentation, and communication skills in both English and Bahasa Indonesia with the ability to adapt based on audience across regions and cultures in Indonesia.
● An innovative approach to development and marketing that leads to an increase in donors, followers, and strong brand recognition.
Your experiences include:
● Minimum 5 years professional experience in a similar position with a proven track record of successful fund and business development achievements.
● Fundraising for an international non-profit social enterprise or similar private sector business, with a proven record of winning grants and contracts, and exceeding fundraising or business development goals.
● Partnership development with different stakeholders within the international development sector, philanthropies and/or corporate donors.
● A knack for using social media and social networks to market products and services. and develop metrics for tracking communication effectiveness.
You are able to:
● Understand, communicate, and develop strategic relations with different stakeholders and funders in the housing and development sectors.
● Communicate clearly, persuasively, and passionately in front of large and small audiences.
● Tailor your communication style to the audience you are communicating with.
● Travel as needed.
You would describe yourself as:
● Fully fluent in English both oral and written.
● Have outgoing interpersonal skills and a high energy level.
● Action-oriented and adaptable.
● Passionate, idealistic, mission-driven, and self-directed, with a high level of integrity and a positive, can-do attitude.
● Curious, optimistic, tenacious, and willing to find and implement sustainable solutions.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Then please visit www.buildchange.org/about/careers and select the link for this position. Applications will be accepted until filled and will be reviewed as received. Qualified women and citizens of Build Change’s program countries are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.