Magic is a frictionless way to plug in thoroughly vetted, cost-effective remote workers, to help scale your key business functions. Through a combination of automation and active work, we tap into our network of vetted remote workers who handle tasks from virtual assistance and customer service to sales lead generation and scheduling across various team members--like magic.
- TL;DR: Forget the job boards, or marketplaces, and let us handle the vetting process so you'll only interact with the best, and most reliable remote workers, every time.
Our company came out of Y Combinator in 2015. Since then we've grown to 1000+ remote workers, with strong venture-backing (including Sequoia Capital) and over $30M in funding to date. We are fully remote across Asia and US time zones.
Why this role exists
We are looking for a high-performing Business Development Manager to help our hypergrowth team meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by building and maintaining a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads. Reporting to a Sales Supervisor, this role is responsible for maintaining relations with existing and previous customers to identify their product and service needs, as well as alerting them on new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest to them.
The impact you’ll make:
- Manage the full-cycle sales: with responsibility for managing pipeline and closing deals
- Generating and Sustaining Sales Leads: Building and maintaining a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
- Customer Relationship Management and Satisfaction: Communicating with customers and leads (new, existing, and previous) to identify and understand their product or service needs; demonstrating the utility and provisions of the products and services to be able to engage the interest of new and existing customers, as well as the continuous interest of previous customers.
- Creating sales reports of quality and detail: Maintaining detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer or vendor relationship problems. Additionally, also provides periodic sales forecasts.
- Drive conversion/closure: of sales leads, Marketing leads, and create a unique deal pipeline via various outbound approaches
- Develop a strong understanding: of key differentiators & value props, internal/external systems, sales methodologies, and processes.
- 3+ years of relevant sales experience such as outbound, consultative or cold calling, ideally in a B2B role with an emphasis on SMB and mid-market clients in North America
- 2+ years of full cycle selling experience within a SaAs business is ideal, however, comparable sales experience with a track record of success will be considered
- An empathetic and relationship-based sales approach based on rapport building, active listening, and an impulse to help in an unpredictable and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional negotiation and relationship-building skills in dealing with C-level executives
- Experience with CRM tools such as Hubspot is a bonus
- Required education: Bachelor's degree in any course
Your superpowers are...
- Extrinsically and intrinsically motivated
- Tenacity and competitiveness
- Proven track record of obtaining/exceeding sales quota
- Skilled in spaced repetition enablement tactics
- A mixture of high energy, flexibility, and team orientation with a direct, honest, and respectful approach to problem-solving, and an ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a high-growth, start-up culture
- Ability to learn and adapt to a constantly changing environment
You should apply if...
- You are an outstanding salesperson and problem solver with the ability to engage in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of an organization.
- You’re innately curious to learn ‘why’ and ‘how’ and are a self-starter who likes to get their hands on new problems
- You have the sophistication to navigate a B2B sales process combined with the urgency required to hit weekly or monthly targets
- You have unquestioned ethics and clarity around doing the right thing for our customers, your co-workers, and the company
- You are highly reliable with a GSD mindset despite external circumstances. You say what you mean and do what you say. You are consistent and take ownership in situations, large or small.
- You are Proactive, see potential problems before they happen, and aren’t afraid to speak up/challenge the status quo.
- You thrive in a remote work environment. Fully remote work is not for everyone; it requires the ability to quickly pick up online tools, gets familiar with our tech stack (G-Drive, Slack, Notion, and a variety of modern reporting tools), and the ability to communicate (and often over-communicate) well in writing.
- Permanent Work From Home
- Experience the synergy of the Magic community
- Our day to day work puts mental health front and center