Boat captain, also known as a shipmaster, sea captain, master, captain or ship's captain, is a high-grade mariner who holds ultimate responsibility and command of a merchant vessel. They are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a boat or a ship. Among other things, a boat captain ensures legal compliance and seaworthiness of the vessel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making sure that the boat gets to where it is supposed to be when it is supposed to be there
- Inspects the boat, inside and outside, to ensure it is entirely safe for crew and passengers, and that it is seaworthy
- Manages the evacuation of a boat and stay in position and control of the operation throughout
- Ensures the proper docking and undocking of vessels
- Know how to operate crab boat (Bangka)
- willing to assign in Puerto Galera