DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure the proper and effective implementation of the company’s purchasing processes including:
a. Purchase Request and Purchase Order
b. Supplier Accreditation
c. Supplier Performance Evaluation
d. Inventory Monitoring
2. Conduct purchase canvass and prepare purchase order with summary of quote figures for P.O. approval of the President.
3. Send out Purchase Orders to suppliers and ensure on-time delivery as required and as negotiated.
4. Conduct periodic survey for new suppliers both locally and form abroad.
5. Maintain and update purchasing files, records and database.
6. Other duties maybe assigned as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
1. Knowledgeable in common trade terms used in buyer-vendor relations such as terms of payment, mode of delivery, shipping and handling charges, duties and taxes and others.
2. Highly skilled in purchase negotiation for target prices, discounts, and delivery commitment.
3. Good interpersonal communications and able to transact comfortably with suppliers, vendors and internal company requestors and able to properly discuss procurement aspects such as material specifications, proposed alternatives, required dates of arrival and others.
4. Accustomed in handling and accomplishment of various trade documents such as requisitions slips, vouchers, purchase orders, sales invoice, official receipts, statement of accounts and others.
5. Advanced knowledge in basic purchasing related software such as word processing, spreadsheets, email clients, web browsers and general OS operations, including basic hardware operation for printing and scanning.
6. Ability to adapt to changes in purchasing situations and make critical decisions to address and act on common problems.
7. Advanced skills in measurement interpretations and conversions for lengths, volume, surface area, weight and other technical specification related to raw material purchases.
8. Basic knowledge in material specification, including critical material properties, color, finish or appearance, and basic stock shapes and sizes.
9. Possesses good problem solving skills and analytical thinking on related procurement matters.