Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice
· with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and costing.
· Work with internal stakeholders (teachers or operations staff) to determine procurement needs, quality
· and delivery requirements.
· Responsible for order placement timing, supply / demand alignment, material replenishment and supplier
· Control and monitor expenses against approved budgets
· Develop sourcing strategies
· Cost saving budgeting and targeting
· Payment terms negotiation and optimization.
· Receive orders from various departments
· Initiate and keep track of orders
· Receive, inspect and distribute orders
· Reconcile or resolve order discrepancies with supplies.
· Monitor delivery times to ensure they are on time
· Maintain good relationships with suppliers and renegotiate prices on a regular basis
· Accounts to be submitted for payment to vendors on time.
Skills and Abilities:
· Computer literacy qualification is essential. Proven ability to utilize and develop computerized spreadsheets and word processing applications
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong negotiation Skills.
· Procurement Software and Asset Software experience is essential
· Accounting Software is an advantage.
· Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines
Education and Experience:
· A Bachelor's Degree in any Business Course.
· At least 6 months to 1 year work related experience as Procurement Staff/ Purchasing Staff.